The (No) Way

no method
no practice
no technique
no time
no effort
no doing

“Simply do this: Be still, and lay aside all thoughts of what you are and what God is; all concepts you have learned about the world; all images you hold about yourself. Empty your mind of everything it thinks is either true or false, or good or bad, of every thought it judges worthy, and all the ideas of which it is ashamed. Hold onto nothing. Do not bring with you one thought the past has taught, nor one belief you ever learned before from anything. Forget this world, forget this course, and come with wholly empty hands unto your God.”

Lesson 189

7 Responses to “The (No) Way”

1. Lisa says:

If I find at anytime the Course is stressing me out, I lay it down. When it comes to the Course I think of the song, “row, row, row your boat gently down the stream… merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily… life is but a dream.” My God is leading the way, I think I’ll just stay out of the way.

I’m in a couple blog and study sites and unfortunately I see to see more bickering about the Course and who’s right and wrong it’s a turn-off.

2. Lisa says:

jeez, excuse my lack of typing and English… lol

(i seeM to see more bickering about the Course ABOUT who’s right and wrong, it’s a turn-off)

3. kokopelli says:

Right On!

4. Linda Langlois says:

My favorite passage in the whole Course.

5. Linda Langlois says:

What you say clarifies and is in complete alignment with the passage.

6. Verena Greve says:

One question remains to be asked and answered: what purpose do we perceive the workbook of the Course to have?
    ‘You need do nothing’ must certainly apply to Gods reality, as this is already perfect.
    It certainly applies to doing anything in the world, as playing with illusions achieves nothing
    But what we are repeatedly asked and guided to do is to change our mind about everything we see, feel, hear and think

7. daan dehn says:

I am pretty certain that the purpose we perceive for the Workbook is irrelevant and probably wrong. The entirety of ACIM is aimed at completely and totally undoing the false sense of separate self. Therefore, any thoughts the separated self has about ACIM are suspect.

When ACIM asks us to “change our mind” it very specifically means “to change your mind means you have changed the source of all ideas you think or ever thought or yet will think.’ The source! What it does not mean is rearranging the meaningless, nothing thoughts you think you think (see lessons 10 and 15), but a radical and fundamental change in the entire process of thought. A change the “little mind” cannot even conceive of.